1.28.2010

Day tripper

Nyquil. Dayquil. Multi-vitamin. Vitamin C. Tylenol. I'm sorry liver...but it's all in your best interest.

I have never blown my nose more times in one day in my whole life. Literally every 5-7 minutes. I've gone through an entire box of tissues by myself. Like the big boxes of tissues...my nose is looks exactly how they portray it on the claymation dolls for Kleenex commercials. I'm definitely an advocate of Kleenex over toilet paper now.

In the mornings I'm still super "floaty" feeling from the Nyquil, then I take the Dayquil before school, so it's a double dose for a few hours...man have the mornings been rough...needless to say, we've been taking it easy in 4th grade this week. I also think it's thrown off my perception of time. I literally though it was Thursday, starting on Tuesday, but then today I could've sworn it was Friday...tomorrow I probably won't even wake up because I'll be convinced it's next Sunday.

Any remedies for the common cold would be greatly appreciated.

Everything tastes the same when you're sick. I made spinach and sundried tomato stuffed chicken breasts last night with mashed potatoes and it all tasted like bran cereal. Also, since I can't breathe out of my nose very well, I had to take very small bites to make sure I could breathe through my mouth as a chewed. Gross. All I want now is some Kneaders french toast...not like it would even taste remotely like french toast...

Meanwhile, I've never felt so good about coming home every day and sitting on the couch, catching up on all my tv shows from the week (love hulu.com!). In case anyone was curious...here are my shows I'm absolutely addicted to, in no particular order:
1. Grey's Anatomy
2. The Office
3. Community
4. The Vampire Diaries
5. Flash Forward
And most recently, The Biggest Loser. I wouldn't say I'm addicted to that one though...not yet anyway. And I do love a good American Idol or So You Think You Can Dance when it's on.

This is the worst time of day...6pm...too late to take Dayquil, but to early to take Nyquil...well...guess I'll have to rough it for another couple of hours...holy crap just get me to Saturday. And sadly, after all that complaining out in the open, I feel the exact same. *sigh*

-W

1 comment:

  1. tank up on the vitamin c. i know you are already, but seriously...take it ALL of the time. make sure you are drinking so much water that you have to pee every five seconds...i think it at least helps the snot run faster and less like a brick in your head.

    and know that you are awesome for sticking it out at school and not laying around and whining pitifully, the way that i would if i were you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love.