1.11.2010

Eight Days a Week/You can't always get what you want

Stress (noun). 1. Importance or significance attached to a thing. 2. A situation, occurrence, or factor causing this. 3. A mentally or emotionally disruptive or upsetting condition occurring in response to adverse external influences and capable of affecting physical health, usually characterized by increased heart rate, a rise in blood pressure, muscular tension, irritability, and depression.

So here's my love-hate relationship with checklists. I'm OCD enough to make checklists, because I like listing things (mostly just so I can cross it off later), but lately, it's causing exactly the mentally or emotionally disruptive or upsetting condition mentioned. January sucks. Not only is it freezing outside, but there is SO MUCH TO DO. If I have an increased heart rate, does that count as aerobic exercise? And maybe a rise in muscular tension is unintentional muscle toning...wouldn't that be nice.

I have to be observed a billion and seven times this month at school (teaching that is), the teacher work sample (a "senior project" of sorts, last thing I have to give to BYU) is looming and the due date is only getting closer- February I think? Meanwhile, I still haven't even read the whole packet of what exactly is required for this enormous monstrosity of a paper. Not to mention, at church I'm now in charge of planning all activities for all of the women once a month.

If I can make it through January, I am Superwoman.

Eight days a week...I'm not sure if I really would be productive if there was one more day in a week. My level of productivity right now is off the charts and I don't know if it's like half-a productivity or worthwhile productivity, but I'm always doing something...so...decided. Eighth day would definitely be well spent doing nothing. Much like this past Saturday, where I enjoyed my new washer and dryer by doing 5 loads of laundry and then played Beatles Rock Band for like 4 hours with the fam. Hmm..that might have actually been productive..

It would be nice to reach the point in my life where my most stressful decisions are which gym class I should attend that day (even though Zumba would win everytime, hands down) and should I watch Grey's and t-vo The Office or vice versa? Well. I'd like to think that anyway. Unfortunately, I have that annoying personality that thrives off of business (James just called it 'busiosity'--Serendipity reference, good movie) and doing nothing for too long would drive me crazy. No stress just might be stressful.

Maybe this post title should actually be, You Can't Always Get What You Want.

-W

3 comments:

Leave some love.