- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, divided
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 (15-ounce) packages refrigerated piecrusts
- 8 medium Braeburn apples, peeled and cored*
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, cut up
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
Bring 1 1/2 cups sugar, 2 cups water, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring constantly; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in 1/4 cup butter. Set syrup aside.
Combine 2/3 cup sugar, remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg.
Cut piecrusts in half, and roll into 8-inch circles. Place 1 apple in center of each circle. Sprinkle each evenly with sugar mixture; dot evenly with 3 tablespoons butter.
Fold dough over apples, pinching to seal. Place in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Drizzle with syrup.
Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my best friend Shanti!!!! Is there a better way to celebrate than with a white chocolate raspberry cheesecake? Mmmmm...nope.