5.09.2011

DIY rosette necklaces...I'm in l-o-v-e!

Have I mentioned I LOVE fabric rosettes lately? Have I further mentioned I've been somewhat of a crafting FREAK lately? And did I say I found a sweet video tutorial on how to make said fabric rosettes?

Well, I think what I did this weekend goes without saying. Scissors, glue, paper, mod podge and fabric have taken over my dining room. I'm okay with it.

I made a few rosette necklaces and I just can't stooooop! Anyone want one? :-) I need an excuse to buy more fabric...

What you need:

strip of fabric (about 2 inches wide and 18 inches long)
hot glue
maybe some cold water nearby when you totally scorch your thumb on the hot glue gun
felt
ribbon (or a chain and circle attachey-thingy)
embellishments (optional)



Fold the fabric in half, then in half again.


Start rolling the fabric, putting a dab of hot glue every 3-4 rolls.


Once you get a good size "roll", start folding the fabric down to the left as you continue to roll it and wrap it around the center, and glue down every 3-4 rolls/folds.


Keeeeeep going and your flower starts to take shape (you can make the flower loose or tighter, depending on how tight you keep it while you roll it)

Once your flower is the size you want, (snip extra fabric if you need to) and glue the remaining fabric onto the bottom of the flower.

Glue the flower onto a circle of felt (not pictured).


Glue all of the felt circles into a bigger piece of felt in the order/design you want them. Trim around the felt so you can't see it from the front.
Glue two pieces of ribbon onto the tops of the felt so it can be tied around your neck.


Embellish if you wanna...




Finished product.


I made another one on this pearl chain, where the two flowers can be interchanged. The plan is to sew the two circle hook thingys onto the top of each flower, so it can easily slide on and off the necklace.

Faaaaaabulous.
Happy Monday everybody.

2 comments:

  1. You have shared a nice article here about the printed burlap flowers. These flowers are looking very beautiful and I liked it. Thanks for sharing this interesting article here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the most incredible blogs I've read in a very long time. The amount of information in here is stunning,burlap bags wholesale

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love.