6.04.2011

I have a variety of crap to say.

There will be no theme to this. Just random things that are on my mind:
Bullet points? Yes.

  • Lots of things be changin' round these parts. Thing 1: Kimber left yesterday with the girls to move to FL with Ryan where they will spend at least the next 4 years going to FSU's Med School. I am now the only sibling in Utah. It's slightly depressing. Thing 2: School is over, it's summer time, and I get bored way too easily. Thing 3: My sister graduated from high school- whoa! I feel like I just graduated high school...but that was 5 years ago. Holy smokes. I'm getting OLD. Thing 4: My belly is getting unbearably HUGE.

  • I was super excited to watch the premier of My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding on TLC last night. I even stayed up until 11:00 when it came on (rare for me to do), but it was lame. I only watched the first 22 minutes. Blegh. Let down.

  • Speaking of TV shows, I've been watching way to much day time TV, which usually includes at least 3-4 episodes of A Baby Story and I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant.My neighbor came over to chat and borrow some yeast the other day. She has a 2 week old baby girl. She told me that delivery really isn't that bad and you kind of have to hype it up for your husband...the women on those TV shows beg to differ. I only hope I'll be saying that in 6 weeks, " Probably not the best shows for me to be watching right now. "Oh yeah, I pushed a bowling ball from between my legs, but it really wasn't that bad!" Her baby was also only 7 lbs. And considering this baby has a 50% chance of getting THE SHANNON FAT GENE, I doubt I'll be in such luck of a petite little miss. Then again, she does also have a 50% chance of the Houlin chicken legs gene.

  • Someone gave me a plant on the last day of school as a "thank-you for being pretty much the best teacher ever" gift. A plant? A plant. It's like they were saying, "Here, kill this before you have to keep a real thing alive." WELL GUESS WHAT. It's almost there. I'm trying though. I put it outside on the front porch so it will get some sunlight, and it's rained the past couple of days so I haven't had to water it. Am I missing anything here?! Why is it all droopy looking? Maybe I should move it out of the direct sunlight for so long in the day. Maybe I should read the tag sticking out of the soil and see if that helps....

  • I'm considering opening a shop on Etsy. Crazy, no? I've been making a ton of crap lately. Currently in the process of making 12 fabric rosette necklaces for a friend's wedding for her bridesmaids. Meeehhhh. I dunno, I go back and forth.

  • Lately I've been waking up around 5am every morning (to make a trip the the bathroom). Do you know birds are already singing at 5 freaking am? Talk about the ultimate morning person. This morning when I woke up it was raining. Some days I LOVE waking up to rain, especially on a Saturday. It's like someone is saying, "You don't have to do anything today. You can just read a book on the couch in your favorite blanket- I give you permission." Which would have been nice today, except I'm ridiculously ready for the full heat of summer. It's been in like the mid to high 60's here, which is nice, but it still doesn't feel like SUMMER. Bring on a heat wave. Me and my super hot maternity swim suit are READY for some pool action.

  • June is awesome birthday month. James' b-day is on Monday (26..he keeps forgetting) and mine is next Sunday (23). Score! I LOVE birthdays.

1 comment:

  1. labor sucks, but delivery with an epidural isn't bad IF you don't have to push too terribly long. 7 pounds wasn't tough for me to push out, but then i practically bled out (long story--very rare--don't freak out) so the recovery sucked. in short: you don't have to hype up anything. you've been sharing your body for 9 months, have to find the strength to deliver her, and then you have to find the strength and energy to take care of her needs long before your own. every mother has her own story, but the common denominator is sacrifice.

    also, i watched those baby shows incessantly. think of them as When Babies Attack and it will be easier to see reality. :)

    you're going to do great.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love.