11.17.2011

The night from h-e-double hockey sticks

Remember when you would say that as a kid? Haha. Lame-o. Anyway, last night truly was. Yesterday was the first day of SEP's (parent-teacher conferences...not sure what SEP even stands for actually..), so I was at school until 6:30 doing those. When I picked up Jillian she was already dressed in her PJ's ready for bed. I took her home, fed her, and she cuddled up on James' chest until she zonked out for the night. 

She woke up around 3 am to eat, as per usual, so I groggily made her bottle and fed her in the rocking chair. She usually goes right back to sleep after she eats, so in total I'm only awake for about 30 minutes at that ungodly hour in the morning. This morning was no different, she was well on her way back to sleep when she was done eating. 

The rest is completely my fault (blergh..hate when that happens). 

She had a very squishy diaper. One that if it didn't get changed, she'd wake up in a puddle of pee (much like the night before). Well. Changing her diaper wakes her up like A LOT. (Who came blame her? A cold, wet wipe up my bum would definitely wake me up too). As soon as I changed her she was all smiles and ready to play. AT 3 AM. 

The next two hours consisted of me trying to rock her back to sleep (unsuccessfully mind you). She'd fight the sleep and want to play, and then get bored and fuss at me for not paying any attention to her. At 5am I finally put her back in her bassinet, fully intending to leave her there regardless of her reaction. Fortunately, she fell asleep about 10 minutes later. And at 6am, my alarm clock started going off to wake up for another full day of SEP's (until 7 tonight). 

So the moral of the story is: in the grand scheme of things, when it's sleep that's on the line, sometimes it's just better to wake up in a puddle of pee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love.