During fall/winter I make soup probably twice a week. I'm a soup person. James? Not so much. But every now and then I find a good one that is so delicious and filling that he too accepts soup as a suitable solo meal.
This is one of those soups.
I give you- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup. Complete with iPhone quality photo (Hey, I never claimed to be a food blogger).
- 2 whole Large Cloves Of Garlic Minced
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 cans 10 3/4 Oz Cans Of Condensed Tomato Soup
- ½ cups Sun Dried Tomatoes, Chopped Or Two Tablespoons Of Sun Dried Tomato Paste
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1-½ cup Milk
- 2 cups Half-and-half (I use fat-free)
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- ½ teaspoons Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 whole 9 Oz Package Of Cheese Filled Tortellini (I use Bertolli)
- ½ cups Shredded Parmesan Cheese
Saute garlic with the olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat until golden brown. Be sure to keep an eye on it so it doesn’t get too brown or burnt.
When the garlic is done, add tomato soup, tomatoes, milk, half and half, chicken stock and spices. Bring to a simmer. Once simmering, drop noodles into the soup. Cook according to the package directions. Mine takes about 8 minutes.
After noodles are cooked, ladle soup into bowls and top with parmesan cheese and serve with crusty bread.
Mmmmm....taste the fall-ness. I can't get enough of this recipe.