12.28.2013

brown paper packages tied up with string

This Christmas I wanted to do something a little different than the usual wrapper paper. Because it's harder, longer, and takes more effort. Obviously. I'm rreealllyy good at finding projects like that. 

OH. Side bar:
Until last week I totally sucked at wrapping presents. Seriously. I tried wrapping something and even James noticed how sloppy it was. So after a few lessons from my momma, I think I have it down (it's just those darn SIDES! Seriously!!). That's somewhat embarrassing. I was telling someone of my wrapping paper woes and they said, "Really? Even with how crafty you are?!" That was even MORE embarrassing.
Continuing on:

I saw this picture and from now on I want to wrap everything like a parcel package. Forever. 


Red stamp here.
Black stamp here.
Vintage Christmas postage stamps here.

After I finished wrapping/tying/stamping everything my trendy brother pipes up, "Oh! I saw some really cool postal-looking labels on Pinterest!" Of course he did. When I was done. And then I found even MORE vintage postal address labels. Of course I did. 

So I printed them out anyway and re-wrapped an empty box on this the 28th day of December because I needed to validate my OCD belief of how incredibly cute this would be. I wasn't wrong. 



If you'd like an empty box wrapped like a parcel package addressed to Jillian, these are up for grabs. 

Naughty/Nice labels here
Postal labels here

I CAN'T HANDLE THE LEVEL OF ADORABLE.

And if you have a compulsive need to start wrapping everything in brown paper and red string, you can deliver Christmas goodies that way to your neighbors. Or if you're like me, you can make 10 of these to deliver and only actually deliver 1 of them because you suck at life your family was here and you lost track of...time.


EITHER WAY, it makes for a cute and unique treat to deliver!

Sun-dried Tomato Butter

1/2 c. softened butter
1 minced clove garlic
1 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. minced sun dried tomatoes, drained oil packed
1 small tomato, chopped, cored and seeded
1/4 c. chopped, fresh parsley

Combine butter, garlic, lemon juice, sun dried and
regular tomato and parsley together.
Add butter to individual container or shape into log and wrap.
(1 recipe makes enough to fill about 1 and 1/2 4 oz. jars. I made one giant batch- 8 times the original recipe- and had enough for 10 small jars with plenty leftover).  


Here are the labels I made for the jars and bread, so you can...keep it in mind for next year...or give it away whenever you get around to it since it isn't Christmas specific. Maybe I'll give the rest of mine away as New Year's gifts! 
That could be a thing, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love.