Today was one of those days I wanted to eat my feelings. After a broken pinky toe (thanks to tripping over the baby bouncy seat) and a moody toddler, I was about to start looking in shady places for chocolate in straight IV form.
BUT since I'm trying to shed the rest of the baby weight, that would not do.
(14 lbs down in the last 6 weeks!)
These cookies are more muffin-like and totally satisfy my sweet tooth. And at only 75 calories each (and 2 Weight Watchers points), I can have a couple without undoing my whole day (because my kids already do that!).
3/4 c. flour
1/3 c. honey
1 c. canned pumpkin
1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce
1/3 c. mini chocolate chips
1 1/2 c. oats
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper (or use baking stone).
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, applesauce, and honey.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Pour the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter into about 1 1/2-inch balls. Slightly flatten cookies on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 13 minutes. Let the cookies cool completely.
Best served the same day.
Makes 16 cookies.
Happy Tuesday. Here's to hoping I break no other bones the rest of this week.